I realize the coroner has ruled this case as a suicide, but I just don’t agree with that at all. Here are some of my thoughts on what might have happened.
Jeffrey Bearden, Debbie Collier’s son, said he wasn’t convinced that it was his mother in the footage from the Family Dollar store. She never wears shorts and it just didn’t look like her posture according to Jeffrey Bearden.
Amanda Bearden, Debbie Collier’s daughter, called law enforcement stating that she knew her mother’s Apple ID and password, however the password didn’t seem to be working. If she knew all this then does this mean she could have sent the Venmo payment to herself from her mother’s phone?
Amanda’s alibi for Saturday afternoon when her mother was missing was that she was cleaning her house. She also said that her mother went to the Family Dollar to get cleaning supplies for Amanda to clean her house. So how did she get the steam cleaner and cleaning solution if they hadn’t bought any cleaning supplies yet? Her steam cleaning her carpet was the reason, Amanda stated, she hadn’t seen her mother’s Venmo message until about 5pm even though it was sent at 3:17pm when Debbie was in the parking lot at Family Dollar (or so it seems). There is no one to back up Amanda’s alibi for being home cleaning.
Andrew Giegerich is Amanda Bearden’s boyfriend and lives with her. No one knows where Andrew was on Saturday September 10th or Sunday September 11th once Debbie’s body was found in Clayton, Georgia (Hambersham County). So what is his alibi?
A recent You Tube video suggested that Andrew’s sister could not stand Amanda Bearden and they had arguments often as well as Amanda having fights with Andrew.
After hearing this I looked up who Andrew Giegerich’s sister is and it turns out to be Morgan Giegerich who is 26 years old and lives in Athens, Georgia the same as her brother, Andrew, Amanda Bearden and Debbie Collier.
Then I compared these two pictures.
“Debbie” at Family Dollar. Morgan Giegerich from her IG photos. Shoes and socks would cover her cross tattoo.
Many have said on Tik Tok videos and You Tube videos that the person in the Family Dollar footage is wearing a wig. This could be anyone. At least anyone who could get to Debbie Collier and her rented vehicle.
Perhaps the “THEY” in the Venmo message (They won’t let me go) was Andrew Giegerich and his sister Morgan Giegerich.
The message could also just be a lie and not mean anything as I don’t believe Debbie ever sent the Vemo message to begin with. Either Steve Collier sent the Venmo payment and message to Amanda (meaning he couldn’t get off work early so they won’t let me go) or Amanda sent it to herself and wanted it to look like a kid napping saying it was a “cryptic” message “they” won’t let me go.
In the picture above you see the rented van that Debbie Collier drove (allegedly?) and parked on the side of the highway had left space for another vehicle to park next to her. Was she forced to park there and go into the woods? Was another vehicle with her at the beginning? Since it was 2 hours from when the Venmo message was sent until Amanda says she saw the message, that gave her plenty of time to drive back to Athens to her mother’s home. She also didn’t call 9-1-1 after seeing the message, but had her stepdad Steve Collier call police around 6pm when he says he got home from work.
Both Steve Collier and Amanda Bearden said that Debbie didn’t have her purse, yet in the Family Dollar video you see her with a purse. She doesn’t seem to have her wallet and pulls a debit card out of her pocket to pay for the strange items she purchased at Family Dollar.
Apparently before going to Family Dollar, Debbie was seen at a Chick Fil A drive through in Commerce, Georgia. It would be interesting to know how many meals she ordered then we would know who all was in the van with her, if anyone.
Still so many questions:
- Why did she drive 70 miles away from home to go into a Family Dollar store?
- Was it so she wouldn’t be found right away by law enforcement and it would give the murderers time to do what they wanted?
- If it was a suicide then was it so she could be as far from home as possible? Why not just overdose on pills at home? Why would she burn herself and cause more pain?
- Why did the police say at the beginning that this case was “targeted and personal” and there was NO sign of suicide or kidnapping, then change their minds?
- Where was Andrew Giegerich Saturday September 10th and Sunday September 11th?
- If Debbie was only burned on her stomach then why was her whole shirt off of her? How could the whole shirt burn away when she was found on her back on the ground clutching a tree branch?
- Why did Amanda say that it was strange for her mother to leave and not tell anyone where she was going on Saturday September 10th yet on the other hand she said she knew her mother was going to Family Dollar to buy cleaning supplies for her home (Amanda’s) which is owned by her mother and stepdad. Amanda also stated that she had texted back and forth with her mom on Saturday morning.
- Why was Amanda so close to where her mother’s van was found when the authorities called her about it? Why wasn’t she still in Athens? How did she know where it was? Also why was she hysterically crying before anyone had told her that her mother had died?
- Since the Venmo transfer of $2,385 was released back to Amanda Bearden, what did she spend it on? It’s been said (and I have this in a previous blog) that Amanda’s boyfriend owed exactly $2,385 in court fees. Were these paid off?
- What was the time of death for Debbie Collier? I would think the authorities would have a better idea of what time she died instead of just saying some time between 3:20pm Saturday (when she left the Family Dollar parking lot) and 12:44 Sunday (when the police found Debbie’s body). On the police report the officer stated that when he saw Debbie’s body he knew she was already dead. But, for how long?
- What was the motive for killing Debbie Collier?
- Money for drugs (Amanda)
- Revenge (Andrew, as Debbie had called the police on Andrew in the past).
- Revenge (Morgan, possibly because her mother is in prison for 30 years for selling drugs yet Debbie keeps enabling Amanda to get more drugs and is free).
- Did Amanda say she believes her mother committed suicide so that she herself, Andrew and Morgan would never be charged with murder?
- Is this case really closed? Or do the police have to rule the case a suicide as well as the coroner before it is a closed case?
- Andrew Giegerich’s mother’s name is Vickie Lynn Terrell. The “snickering” sheriff (as Jeffrey Bearden spoke of him) is named Sheriff Joey Terrell. Are they related? And if so, is that why the sheriff laughed at Jeffrey Bearden (Debbie Collier’s son) when he spoke of her concerns over his family’s safety?
What do you think?